This write up is not to disrespect any religion but to create a critical thinking for readers with open minds on how to examine issues on the two religions almost misunderstood by their followers. It is going to be a very shot write up because the answers to the above will be taken from the two Holy Books of the two religions of Christianity and Islam.
At the end of this write up, there will be series of questions to ponder on and I will request you to let those questions be your guide when you are responding to this write up or you can ignore the article in totality of it, if you feel offended or uncomfortable because that is not the intention of this writer. It is purely for academic exercise.
Now let us go to work on the post.
In the Book of Mark 12:25 Jesus Christ who died and went to Heaven according to his believers almost 650 years before Prophet Mohammed who founded Islam was born, was asked by his Disciples what will be the role of Marriage or sex in heaven and Jesus said categorically there is nothing like marriage in heaven because everyone will live like Angels. Mark 12:25 that “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be … God created sex for married couples to enjoy but in heaven, there will be no …. a moral or religious association, but the significance of sexual acts to which ……..”
The questions to ask the Christians will be what will be the compensation of those Rapture into heaven if not to praise God and sing Hallelujah most of the time, furthermore, Jesus promised to house his followers in the same place he is in heaven. In John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Secondly, if there is no marriage in Heaven, what will be role of the fruits of marriage in heaven? Can you still see your parents or grandparents in heaven? Or death is the end of relationship between parents and their children on earth, if they can make heaven too?
The above seems to be the answers here, according to those who believe in Jesus Christ and they should not expect to see their parents or neither will they be recognized as family in heaven.Why? Jesus said so.
The Quran however, through the message received by Prophet Mohamed from Angel Gabriel accepted Jesus Christ only as a Prophet, but not as the son of God as believed by his followers but somehow, the Quran or Mohammed disagreed on the role of marriage or sex in heaven as defined by Jesus Christ whom he referred to only as a Prophet. but why did the same Angel Gabriel in the Bible who called Jesus Christ the son of God or Most High fail to inform Prophet Mohammed the true identity of Jesus as the Son of God, if it was the same Angel Gabriel or the Angel forgot the message He gave Mary?
Luke 1:31-33 says
31 You will become pregnant, give birth to a son,
and name him Jesus.
32 He will be a great man
and will be called the Son of the Most High.
The Lord God will give him
the throne of his ancestor David.
33 Your son will be king of Jacob’s people forever,
and his kingdom will never end.
1.Can a Prophet lie and still be called a Prophet if found to have lied? And whose version between Jesus and Mohamed is the truth on the role of sex or marriage in heaven?
2. By interpretation of the Quran which was written 656 years after the Bible and the account of Jesus Christ had been documented on the role of Sex and marriage in Heaven, how come Jesus accounts on this topic was rejected by those who wrote the Quran?. Note, while alive, both Prophet Mohammed and Jesus Christ did not write what we now know as the two Holy books.
Muslims however, agree that the manuscript, or version, of the Quran we see today was compiled by Uthman, the third caliph (reign 644 to 656); a caliph being the political leader of a Caliphate (Islamic government). For this reason, the Quran as it exists today is also known as the Uthmanic codex. While the Bible was completed and compiled in between 115-147 AD
3. If the heavenly thesis of Jesus Christ on marriage or sex was rejected as inaccurate, why did the writers of Quran still refer to Jesus Christ as a Prophet if he did not give a true picture of what awaits those who made heaven? Which is the question one above.
4.Can a Prophet tell lies and still be called a prophet ? The Quran says Prophet Mohamed got his message through Angel Gabriel who incidentally was the same Angel who met with Mary the mother of Jesus. Can the Angel forget the first message he gave 650 years earlier?
5. Between the thesis of Jesus the Son of God and Prophet Mohammed on the role of sex or marriage which one is believable and realistic? And how will the anatomical parts of human being make heaven after death? Or the heaven is full of spiritual Viagra that will assist men to handle as many as possible as defined? Was there a misinterpretation of heaven on the role of sex or marriage by Angel Gabriel since Jesus Christ the Son of God authority is above any Angel in heaven?
6. Did Jesus Christ on Sex and Marriage get his message from the same God directly unlike Prophet Mohammed who did from Angel Gabriel almost 650 years after Jesus was long gone after the Bible was compiled 147 years after ? If Jesus version is not the truth why is he in the Quran as a Prophet?
7. Can we conclude with open minds that infact there is likely the possibilities of two heavens, one for the Christians in which there will be no sex and marriage and second heaven for Muslim, in which there will be lots of sex?
8. Then which of the two heavens is real?
The above is for critical thinking only, you can find your answers in the two Books and ponder on those seven pregnant questions before writing your opinion.
Next week we will take on another controversial topic in the Holy Books. why did Angel Gabriel give the edited version of Jewish history to Prophet Mohammed instead of the whole stories as detailed in Torah and Bible?
Zents Sowunmi is a New York based writer and author, his books are available on www.amazon.com