The impact of mental illness in the City of New York is now a concern to Mayor Bill de Blasio who narated his war veteran father and college student daughter with mental health problem.
- At least one in every five adult in New York City is likely to experience mental problem
- 8 percent of NY public schools report attemping sucide.
- More than one in four students are sad.
- Overdose drug abuse out umber both homicide and motor accidents
- substance abuse and treatment cost the the City $14 billion yearly in productivity activities
To combat this problem the City will spend $854 million to train 250,000 people in mental health aid and creating mental health Corp of Physicians and clinicians to deploy in the Communities